Friday, May 29, 2009

Linux+: Exam Day

I took the Linux+ exam today and passed. The test was pretty much what I expected. It was heavy on BASH commands and file names and locations. If you have about a year of Linux administration experience the test should be pretty easy. Simply using Linux at home would not be enough to prepare you for the exam.


I used the ITExamWorld.com and Sybex practice tests. The ITExamWorld.com test was far superior and there were several questions on the exam that were in the practice test nearly verbatim.

I am overall very happy that I took this exam. I learned a lot in the studying process and while it is not the most prestigious or technical Linux exam out there, the Comptia name carries a level of familiarity with even non-IT professionals that should help in my future endeavors.

0 comments:

 
>