Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dave

So my band finally found a drummer. His name is Dave and he is pretty cool. Dave has brought some of what I think we so desperately needed, new energy. Silent Film has been around for a while and after you go through the same rise and fall, record and tour cycle so many times you start to lose steam. Plus, we are all 30-67 years older than Dave so he helps keep us motivated when we get distracted and want to take naps. He is also a damn good drummer. I never got really comfortable with our old drummer, musically or socially...he would only talk to me when my head was freshly shaved. Already I can find a solid rhythm and really lock in with Dave. He is young and throws in some slightly screwy fills from time to time but when he is on point we all can feel it and play better. Now all we need is to finish our search for a singer and in 7-9 short months we will be rocking again.

0 comments:

 
>