Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Come On Little Miss And Do The Twist

My '04 Albino female boa was doing the twist this morning. The "pre-ovulation twist" as some breeders call it. This is the development of ovarian follicles before they move into the oviducts to be fertilized. She had the typical swelling over about 30% of her body. She was stretched out with tight curves and seemed to be uncomfortable and tense. I guess this is something like boa PMS. I am very excited to see the first signs of breeding interest in her. My '05 Hypo het Albino male has been off food since the last week in August and this is the second week the female has refused to eat. Now with signs of pre-ovulation and the male searching his cage all night long I am ready to introduce the two. I plan on cleaning the female's cage tonight and placing the male in with her tonight or tomorrow at the latest. With any luck I will see courtship between them by the weekend.

0 comments:

 
>