Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One Year Later...

Thought I would give this whole blog thing another go around. So here is the depressingly short update on the past year.


I am in snake limbo, I am undecided as to whether or not I will continue trying to breed boas. I still have the big female and could grab a male and give it another go but something about that idea sits funny with me. The psychoanalyst in me says that since my male died and the female gave birth to stillborn babies around the time my grandfather was passing I have balled the whole lot up into one big mess in my head. I truly have no desire to breed or even keep snakes right now.

I am however embarking on another business venture, this time with Steve. Well, really it is more like building a really expensive club house for grown men... but don't tell my wife. Steve, pending the arrival of his 2nd child, needed to relocate some super sweet recording gear. So, we are converting my detached 2.5 car garage into a studio. I plan on posting build pics once the construction gets interesting. I am also planing on going back to school for audio engineering sometime in the Fall.

I am still employed as a Network Systems Engineer but now I actually give a rats ass so I have been bringing my certifications up to speed. I am currently working on my Linux+ exam and finishing off my exams for my MCSA. And again I plan on returning to school to get at least my A.A.S. in IT with a programing option. My hope is to sharpen my now extremely dull VB and C programing skills while building my network certifications.

Stuff not pertaining to me, my wife is kicking butt in culinary school and now working for the Brass Elephant downtown. My little brothers are playing little league, one sister is barreling into teenagedom and the other is now working and has her learners.

So that's my year in four paragraphs. I promise future posts will be more interesting.

0 comments:

 
>